To make sure we have lots of talented people in our business, we regularly take on Apprentices at set times regularly throughout the year:
- Winter starters – the scheme begins in January, but applications take place in November.
- Spring starters – the scheme begins in April, but applications take place in February
- Summer starters – the scheme begins in July, but applications take place in May
- Autumn starters – the scheme begins in October, but applications take place in August
To be considered for this programme you must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be able to work in the UK
- Not be in full or part time education
- Be able to work 30 hours a week over a 13 month period
The application process starts right here. You’ll need to submit an online application. We’ll look through each and every application carefully, and contact you by email to let you know whether or not you have been successful.
You may receive a telephone call to clarify further information. This is an informal chat and usually takes around 10 minutes to complete.
If you’re successful at this stage you’ll be invited to meet with the Store Manager. This will give us an opportunity to meet you in person and to find out more about you. This is an ideal opportunity for you to find out everything you want to know, so don’t be shy just ask.
Following the interview, you may be asked to come back and complete the VE Experience. This will give you the opportunity to meet the rest of the team and really find out what the role of an Apprentice is all about. You’ll spend around 3 hours with us during which you’ll experience each stage of the customer journey. You’ll have a tour of the store so you can become more familiar with our working environment in which we work. This is your chance to shine. You can ask lots of questions, talk to different team members but most of all remember to be yourself.
If you’d like to apply for our exciting Apprenticeship scheme please click here.
If you have a disability or learning difficulty which means you’re not able to complete the online application process, please call the Recruitment Hotline on 0115 9882499 so we can make alternative arrangements for you. Please note that you’ll be required to leave a message and a member of the recruitment team will come back to you within 48 hours.