As a business we’re committed to nurturing and developing future talent and our Pre-registration programme plays a key part in this. We know that first steps are really important, and we’ve put a lot of thought into our placement programme and how we can support you.
Our Registered Optical professionals here at Vision Express take time to build relationships with customers to help them look and feel great. So it will come as no surprise to see you’ll be working in a culture that encourages care and is truly focussed on quality. The same care applies to our placement programme. Here are just some of the things you’ll be able to benefit from:
- Highly experienced and supportive Managers and mentors to make sure you get the wide range of experience you need
- Full involvement in the store’s business, giving you all-round insight into the wider role
- The latest equipment and a highly professional working environment
- Busy stores and a diverse customer base
- Regular professional networking opportunities
- Secondment to a hospital eye clinic, giving you broader and specialist experience
- Support from a dedicated Professional Services team
- Professional induction and ongoing support
You’ll quickly see how hard we work to create a welcoming environment for our customers. And that warm welcome is also extended to you.
When people ask us what makes our placement programme so unique we simply tell the truth: the support we give to our students. Smaller numbers means we can offer maximum support to our students and there’s always someone to talk to whether that be your Supervisor or a member of the Professional Services team.
We’ll also cover the costs required to help you become a qualified Optometrist and that includes:
- Registration fees with the College of Optometrists (for you and your Supervisor)
- Hospital placement fees
- Training courses
- GOC membership (for you and your Supervisor)
- Travel and accommodation costs for courses
- Final examinations