We’re a large, national business with over 4000 employees. An operation of this size needs a central source of support – and it’s all provided from our Support Office in Nottingham.
Here, you’ll find all the functions – and roles – you’d expect of any large business, along with excellent working conditions (including an onsite gym) and a full commitment to supporting your career development. Here’s a brief introduction to our support functions:
- Admin & Secretarial. Each of our internal departments rely on the high quality support of administrators and PAs, so there are a variety of roles at different levels.
- Central Laboratory. As a business we invest constantly in the latest machine and lens technology, and by keeping up to date with developments, this team provides a number of vital manufacturing services to the whole Vision Express store network.
- Customer Service. We handle lots of enquiries direct from customers as well as our stores, and our teams are dedicated to providing a fast and helpful response. This isn’t about face to face service, but it’s every bit as rewarding and challenging and makes a real difference to our business.
- Finance. At the heart of our commercial activities, Finance controls help to form, influence and shape key decisions in our business.
- Human Resources. Our HR team is involved in recruiting, developing, supporting and rewarding our people which, in an organisation of our size and complexity, presents a stimulating challenge in a truly people focused business.
- Information Technology. Supporting the entire Vision Express business with bespoke tools and software, IT is a key element of our continued growth and development, and we have a variety of roles in support and development. We also have strong links with our group’s global IT network, so there’s a big infrastructure, with equally significant challenges and opportunities.
- Logistics & Distribution. Our state-of-the-art distribution facility ensures all our stores are kept up to date with the latest stock.
- Marketing. The team here supports growth by shaping and promoting the ever evolving Vision Express offer, and is responsible for monitoring trends and producing a wide range of internal and external communications and initiatives. Various teams support different areas of our business, including national and local marketing, direct marketing, online, corporate eyecare and PR.
- Property & Store Development. Looking after our whole store portfolio across the UK and Ireland, this team’s brief is to maximise the retail potential of existing estate, identify new property opportunities and refresh current locations. It’s an ever changing discipline, with stimulating work opportunities.
- Product. Covering Product Management (Buying), Merchandising and Product Support, this area of our business helps maximise commercial potential by ensuring we have the right products, in the right stores, at the right time, every time.
With an array of departments all dedicated to supporting our store networks and offering a number of different careers, there’s something for everyone at Vision Express.
Search current vacancies here.