Assistant Management Accountant - 12 monthApply now
Contract Type:Full Time Temporary
Job Type:Business Support
Days Per Week:5
- Apply now
At Vision Express we’re passionate about what we do and customer satisfaction is at the top of our agenda. From our stores to our support centre....everyone has a key part to play. Based in our Store Support Centre in Ruddington, Nottingham, we're looking for a talented individual to work as an Assistant Management Accountant.
In this role, you will be assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts for all Vision Express companies, in line with the timetable. You will assist with the completion of monthly Group Reporting submissions. You will prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for accounts in areas of responsibility, ensuring any risks or opportunities are highlighted and dealt with in a timely manner.
What will we provide you?
• Ensure all monthly journals are posted as required, and that variances to budget for area of Profit & Los responsibility are analysed and reported on to agreed timetable
• Report as required to the Management Accountant (MA) on areas of responsibility, highlighting areas of concern or opportunity for the business
• Assist the Management Accountant & Senior Assistant Management Accountant in reviewing P&Ls and comment on areas of interest / concern as appropriate
• Assist the Management Accountant in the completion of monthly Group Reporting
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for areas of responsibility and review with the Senior Assistant Management Accountant on a monthly basis
• Respond to information requests, providing support to the store-facing and business controlling team
• Respond to information requests in respect of audit work, including internal, external, and Joint Venture audits
• Support the Management Accountant in managing where required the preparation of store and support office budgets in line with the issued timetable
• Take on additional ad hoc projects and responsibilities as required by the Management Accountant to the agreed standards and within the agreed timetables
• Continuous improvement of content and presentation of analysis and routine reports to ensure the quality of the information prepared and presented
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• To be studying towards a relevant accounting qualification
• Strong organisation and time management skills
• IT literate including Microsoft Office and SAP
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
There's no better place to express your potential.