Oracle Database AdministratorApply now
Contract Type:Full Time
Job Type:Business Support
Days Per Week:5
- Apply now
At Vision Express we are committed to providing our customers with outstanding service delivered by outstanding people. We understand that to attract and retain the best people we must be equally committed to providing the very best in career opportunities.
We're looking for an Oracle Database Administrator, that will be responsible for maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting any software defects. You’ll also be responsible for developing existing programmes by analysing and identifying areas for modification and improvement whilst maintaining data standards.
- maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
- developing existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- analysing user requirements, researching, designing and writing new software programs
- creating technical specifications and test plans
- testing new programs and fault finding
- monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
- monitoring and controlling access permissions and privileges at application and database level
- writing systems to control the scheduling of jobs or to control the access allowed to users or remote systems
- communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- writing operational documentation to support the application where necessary
- writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- maintaining data standards, including adherence to the UK Data Protection Act 2018, EU General Data Protection Regulation, EU Data Retention Regulation 2009, Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (PECR) and other relevant acts listed in the Information Security Policy’s scope section as updated and adherence to industry best practices such as ISO 27001:2017 and PCI-DSS
- ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- any other duties or responsibilities as reasonably requested and assigned by management
- Experience of Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience of ANSI SQL query development
- Designing, developing, testing and deploying Oracle PL/SQL packages, procedures and functions
- Experience of working with DDL statements such as creating tables, views, materialised views and synonyms desirable
- Experience working with SAP ABAP - Experience working within a Linux command line environment preferable
What will we provide you?
We will provide you with a structured training plan alongside our great benefits package which includes:
- 33 days’ annual leave, including bank holidays, increasing with length of service.
- Staff restaurant
- Free onsite gym
- Free parking onsite
- Free annual eyewear voucher and generous discounts throughout the year for you, your family and friends