Senior Assistant Management AccountantApply now
Contract Type:Full Time
Job Type:Professional Support
Days Per Week:5
- Apply now
At Vision Express we’re passionate about what we do and customer satisfaction is at the top of our agenda. From our stores to our support centre....everyone has a key part to play.
A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Assistant Management Accountant within the Finance Team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities include:
• Ensure all monthly journals are posted as required, and that variances to budget are analysed and reported on to agreed timetable
• Report as required to the MA on areas of responsibility, highlighting areas of concern or opportunity for the business
• Supervise and challenge AMAs in reviewing store by store P&Ls and comment on areas of interest / concern as appropriate
• Take responsibility as required for uploading individual entity results into HFM
• Respond to information requests from the MA, BFMs and RMAs in supporting the store-facing teams
• Take responsibility for the preparation and reporting of reforecasting opportunities within areas of responsibility
• Liaise with cost centre managers, and undertake cost centre reviews within support office, providing finance support and guidance as appropriate
• Support the MA in managing where required the preparation of store and support office budgets in line with the issued timetable
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for areas of responsibility and review with the MA on a monthly basis, challenge AMAs accordingly
• Assist in the integration of UK and JV with a view to synergising the journal-posting processes
What will we provide you?
The successful candidate must:
• Be training towards a recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACMA/ACCA/AAT).
• Have strong interpersonal and time management skills.
• Have knowledge of accounting systems (SAP ideally).
• Be an advanced user of Microsoft Excel.
• Have a minimum of 1 year prior experience in an accounting role.