IT Infrastructure ManagerApply now
Contract Type:Full Time
Days Per Week:5
- Apply now
At Vision Express we’re passionate about what we do, and customer satisfaction is at the top of our agenda. From our stores to our store support centre.... everyone has a key part to play.
Joining us as an IT Infrastructure Manager will require you to manage and direct staff in the planning, development, and maintenance of Vision Express’ technical landscape across the multiple central offices, production, DR sites and stores.
Manage a team of System Engineers providing day to day supervision and guidance to ensure complete availability of service and resources across all sites.
The responsibility of this position includes but is not limited to;
• Managing people and providing supervision and guidance to ensure the team are delivering complete availability of service and resources across all sites and that rotas are coordinated to offer the correct level of support including out of hours supports.
• Supervise technical staff that are responsible for the VE landscape.
• Assigns and coordinates work assignments and resolution of critical technical and procedural problems aligned to service level agreements
• Handling a variety of HR issues within the team and adhering to company HR Policy including recruitment process for staff, handling any grievances, performance monitoring and training/development plans within the team.
Provide an escalation route for customer problems and complaints
Monitoring workloads, call logging and updating
Provide Monthly and Weekly performance reports for people, systems and project developments
Project management and the distribution of project work to team members in accordance with everyone’s skills set and project resource where required
Responsibility of project/time management and task prioritisation.
• Providing support, maintenance, development of the Vision Express infrastructure (LAN and WAN). Ensuring 100% up time for systems across Vision Express Offices, production site and Stores, designing and implementing network solutions to improve the efficiency of current networks
Manage, secure and control the total IT Technical Infrastructure and landscape of Vision Express ensuring policy governance is adhered to.
• Support, implementation, and development of the software applications & Services components including, (Patching, firmware, OS, App installation, config & updates, user provisioning)
• Datacentre Management incorporating all server, networking equipment, LAN>WAN communication and security of the IT Estate (ie. Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting).
• Manage systems and infrastructure across 590+ sites
• Provide 3rd Line support to Desktop Services, IT Store Support and other teams within the department and provide 1st Line out of hours support. Along with participation in 24/7 IT on call scheme in support of complex systems.
• Analysis of the infrastructure ensuring performance requirements are always met.
• Liaise and managing of 3rd party vendors in relation to application, software support and hardware maintenance for the technical landscape of the business including service availability and change management.
• Review of the current systems and propose new solutions with regards to current/future network/ systems and application requirements.
• Provide budgetary information with regards to future requirements in line with business needs.
• Assist with the scoping and detailed proposals and budgetary information relating to new applications and processes, presenting to Management
• Decision with notification to Manager in the event of business-critical system failure
• Responsibility for notification and management of housekeeping (taking systems offline)
• Housekeeping duties (ie. Backup of information on a daily/weekly basis, network/system performance monitoring)
• Maintain policy in line with current legislation and applications
• Managing the company’s Cloud environment and Management strategy
• Ensure compliance against all minimum control standards outlined within GrandVision IT Policies and governance standards
What will we provide you?
The Chosen candidate will have;
• Minimum 4 years experience in a similar IT environment supporting large multisite environments with retail background preferred (WAN Technology, VPM and Routing)
• Ability to work to own initiative and be a team player.
• Commercial and business awareness Good communication skills
• Degree in Computer Science
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
• VMware Certified Professional 5
• Data Centre Virtualization (VCP5-DCV)
• MCITP: Server Administration
• Cisco Certified Network Profession (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
• Previous experience in a variety of different softwares including but not limited to; Linux/Unix, Fibre Channel SAN’s, Windows Client and Server, Cloud Management, Solarwinds, Engine Management Suit, OS Imaging and deployment, Sysprep, WAIK and STEM tool management