Retail Systems - Analyst/TesterApply now
Contract Type:Full Time
Job Type:Professional Support
Days Per Week:5
- Apply now
At Vision Express we’re passionate about what we do, and customer satisfaction is at the top of our agenda. From our stores to our store support centre.... everyone has a key part to play.
Joining us as a Retail Systems - Analyst/Tester will require you to own end to end delivery of EPOS development, enabling changes to be effectively captured and communicated throughout the development cycle in line with business timelines.
You will be managing changes to the Store EPOS Solution ensuring complete stability of the system and the delivery of store communication.
The responsibility of this position includes but is not limited to;
- To ensure stability is maintained within the EPOS application by thorough software testing and completing validation is completed prior to releasing to the store estate. Ensuring that the store trading is never adversely impacted.
- Providing support to ensure delivery of key EPOS projects, ranging from scoping, testing, producing documentation and delivering training.
- Execute Change Management Process for EPOS changes both in Jira & Service Desk LANDesk
- Training users as requested from store and support office to give a more detailed, understanding than the on the job exposure
- Provide support to the IT Store Support Team solving issues which cannot be resolved
- Review all software issues logged by the IT Store Support Team raised by stores quarterly to establish new bugs for resolution
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Provide weekly updates on the development progress to the project stakeholders
- Scheduling of the CAB meetings, minuting all discussions, core decisions and actions
- Managing the communications to the business of WIP via the change advisory process.
- To project manage new innovations/developments and changes to ensure they are implemented and communicated in store
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to identify system requirements
- Ensuring delivery updates and documentation is issued to all departments where the application is changing.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create scoping workflow/process documentation including the scope of works required for 3rd party development
- Managing scoping workshop with stakeholders to gather change requirements
- Managing the clearance of 2nd line bugs ensuring low call logs
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Ensuring changes released provide stability to the existing store environment with a focus on detailed functional testing.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise daily via development review calls with software partners to progress the changes through the development cycle
- Perform thorough regression testing - Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Evaluate the outcome of pilot to gain collective signoff of the release ahead of deployment
- Scheduling the rollout of new software releases to the stores in line with the company operational calendar
What will we provide you?
• Knowledge of SQL and scripting
• Knowledge of Acuitas Software or other similar retail applications
• Effective communication skills across all levels
• Ability to bring cross functional teams together
• Ability to understand stores needs and
requirements and deliver solutions
• Meticulous attention to detail with analytical problem solving and fault-finding skills
• To be able to understand and create workflow processes
• To plan, prioritise and coordinate concurrent testing activities
• Preferable knowledge of SOA or Restful web service systems
• Use of Acuitas application or similar retail applications
- Understanding of oracle enterprise environments and database structures
• 5 years of experience as a Software Tester or similar role
• Extensive operational knowledge of Store practices and procedures and processes
• To be able to understand and create workflow processes.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• Use of SQL
• Store experience / good knowledge of the sales cycle
• Experience in a software testing and deployment environment