You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Ipswich - Tesco
Hours per week:
Your passion for optometry, will support our ambition to ‘See More, Be More’ for our customers, maximising their lifestyle through appropriate eyecare and eyewear solutions. In our stores, you will get to work with some world class technology including Automated refraction, non contact tonometry, automated keratometry, Fundus Camera, Visual Field Analyser, OCT and Automated Phoropters to name a few.
Although the hours of this role are advertised, if this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear about your ideal working week. Whether this is hours to fit around the school run or you prefer a compressed week - we are open to discussing flexible options with you further.
Who are we?
Did you know, we are also part of the EssilorLuxottica family? EssilorLuxottica is the global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of lenses, frames and sunglasses! We are home to the most loved and widely-recognised vision care and eyewear brands in the world. Their priority eyewear brands include Ray-Ban, Oakley, Costa, Vogue Eyewear, Persol and Oliver Peoples, complemented by over 20 prestigious licensed brands.
Who is the perfect candidate?
- Experience in testing patients eyes and eyesight whilst providing specialist recommendations on appropriate eyecare or eyewear solutions
- Great communication and rapport building to translate professional terminology into language understandable to patients
- Team work with colleagues across the whole store team
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations in a fast-paced retail environment
- Confidence, passion, drive and enthusiasm
Anything else you should know?Basic salary up to £ 72 250 (subject to your experience and location)
- An additional £4,000 car allowance
- Sales and performance-based bonus
- Targeted incentives
- Competitive pension scheme
- Private medical cover for you and your family
- Life assurance - 4x your basic annual salary
- Free eyewear annually with eligibility from day one of joining us!
- Opportunities to get involved in the OneSight EssilorLuxottica Foundation
- Discounts for friends and family
- Employee Assistant Program offering confidential support and advice on everything from financial support to emotional support and everything in-between
- Ongoing CPD and personal development opportunities
- Additional overtime opportunities paid at 85% of the locum rate
- Access to world leading technology and great working environments
- Coverage of professional fees such as GOC and ABDO
- 33 days annual leave - increasing with your length of service, plus the opportunity to buy or sell holiday
- Flexible health related benefits, such as Health Cash plan, Additional Life cover, Critical Illness cover and Dental Plan
- Opportunities to join a company wide ECP community with peer to peer knowledge sharing and collaborating through our internal channels
- Flexible lifestyle benefits such as, Gymflex, Dining Cards, Discounted Travel Insurance, Experience Days, and even discounted bicycles through our Cycle to Work Scheme
- And so much more!
When you think back to your last eye care test, what does your memory conjure up? You probably remember being asked to look at a Snellen eye chart and list off the letters as they decrease in size w
Optometry is an ever-changing industry with plenty of directions to take your career. That amount of choice means you can shape your career to what you want. But it can leave you questioning which
Optometry is, without a doubt, one of the most interesting fields to work in. You'll do everything from helping people find a frame that suits their face to detecting defects that may impact t
At Vision Express, we don't just take care of our customer's eyes. We create something special for everyone by providing the best experience possible. That means having Optical Assistants, Opt
We create joy in vision. It’s as simple as that. So how do we do it? We build our teams of people who love people and are passionate about their optometry careers. Once you’ve passed the OSCE and earn