You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Hours per week:
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Role overviewThis vacancy is only applicable if you’re currently studying or you’ve graduated with a degree in Optometry, ideally in a UK University. This is a 12-month course.
Who are we?
Did you know, we are also part of the EssilorLuxottica family? EssilorLuxottica is the global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of lenses, frames and sunglasses! We are home to the most loved and widely-recognised vision care and eyewear brands in the world. Their priority eyewear brands include Ray-Ban, Oakley, Costa, Vogue Eyewear, Persol and Oliver Peoples, complemented by over 20 prestigious licensed brands.
Who is the perfect candidate?
- Currently studying or graduated with a degree in Optometry, ideally in a UK University
- Great communication and rapport building to translate professional terminology into language understandable to patients
- Exceptional attention to detail in maintaining accurate customer records, prescriptions, and requirements to provide them with the best service and product recommendations
- Teamwork with colleagues across the whole store team
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations in a fast-paced retail environment
- Confidence, passion, drive and enthusiasm
- Willingness to ask questions to your support team to fully comprehend the details regarding the who, what, when, where and how of the situation
- Have a strong commitment for patient safety by keeping up to date with guidance and observe regulatory guidelines regarding clinical delivery
Anything else you should know?
- Sales and performance-based bonus
- Targeted incentives
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance - 2 x your basic annual salary
- Free eyewear annually with eligibility from day one of joining us!
- Opportunities to get involved in the OneSight EssilorLuxottica Foundation
- Discounts throughout the year for your friends and family
- Opportunities to join a company wide ECP community with peer-to-peer knowledge sharing and collaborating through our internal channels
- Employee Assistance Program offering confidential support and advice on everything from financial support and everything in-between
- Ongoing CPD and personal development opportunities
- Access to world leading technology and great working environments
- Coverage of professional fees such as GOC and ABDO
- 33 days annual leave - increasing with your length of service, plus the opportunity to buy or sell holiday
- Flexible health related benefits, such as Health Cash Plan, Additional Life Cover, Critical Illness cover and Dental Plan
- Flexible lifestyle benefits, such as Gymflex, Dining Cards, Discounted Travel Insurance, Experience Days and even discounted bicycles through our Cycle to Work Scheme
- And so much more!
Becoming a pre-registration optometrist can be a challenging and rewarding experience. As you work towards your goal of becoming a fully qualified optometrist, you’ll have the opportunity to develop
Ambitious people are made for a career in optometry. Why? Because it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to become a qualified Optometrist, and you need to be sure that it's a job that you’ll enjo