You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Maynooth - Tesco
Hours per week:
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
This vacancy is only applicable if you’re currently studying or you’ve graduated with a degree in Optometry, ideally in a UK University.
This is a 12 month course
As a pre-registration student, you’ll be completing your final year (12 months) of training before becoming a fully qualified Optometrist. With quality supervision and unrivalled support from your dedicated Pre-Reg Supervisor and Pre-Reg team, based in our Store Support Centre, you’ll gain experience and bespoke training in all aspects of the customer journey including; eye examinations, contact lens fitting and dispensing glasses an contact lenses. Your passion and knowledge in Optometry will allow you to offer our customers appropriate eyecare and eyewear solutions and you’ll gain the skills and experience to kickstart your successful career in Optometry. Our course is delivered by a team of experienced Optometrists and tutors who are passionate about creating joy in vision.
To be successful in the role, here are a few things we look for:
- You’ll have passion, drive and enthusiasm to learn more
- Great communication and rapport building, which will help translate professional terminology into a language understandable to patients
- You’ll work as a team with your colleagues
- Create joy in vision for your patients by providing appropriate eyecare and eyewear solution, depending on your patients needs and requirements
- Have a strong commitment for patient safety by keeping up to date with guidance and observe regulatory guidelines regarding clinical delivery
What's on offer?
- Sales and performance-based bonus
- Coverage of your professional fees such as GOC and ABDO
- Support from our in-house Pre-Reg Team to support you along the way with days at our Store Support Centre as part of your course such as Pre-Reg Mock OSCEs
- Free eyewear annually with eligibility from day one of joining us!
- Discounts for friends and family
- Employee Assistant Program offering confidential support and advice on everything from financial support to emotional support and everything in-between
- Ongoing CPD and personal development opportunities
- Access to world leading technology and great working environments
- Opportunity to receive a bonus payment with our internal referral scheme
- 33 days annual leave - increasing with your length of service, plus the opportunity to buy or sell holiday
- Flexible health related benefits, such as health cash plan, additional life cover, critical illness cover and dental cover
- Opportunities to join a company wide community with peer to peer knowledge sharing and collaborating through our internal Yapster groups
- Opportunities to get involved in the EssilorLuxottica One Sight Foundation
- Flexible lifestyle benefits such as Gymflex, Gourmet Society Cards, Taste Cards, Discounted Travel Insurance, Experience Days and even discounted bicycles through our cycle to work scheme
- And so much more!
Becoming a pre-registration optometrist can be a challenging and rewarding experience. As you work towards your goal of becoming a fully qualified optometrist, you’ll have the opportunity to develop
Ambitious people are made for a career in optometry. Why? Because it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to become a qualified Optometrist, and you need to be sure that it's a job that you’ll enjo