Subcontracting Supply-chain fees and Charges Policy
Vision Express is committed to providing the best solutions for its Apprentices to obtain the Functional Skills element of the Apprenticeship programme. In order to achieve this, the company has taken the strategic decision to subcontract this part of its provision to a partner organization who can demonstrate high-quality delivery.
This policy applies to all supply chain activity supported by funds supplied by the Skills Funding Agency, the Education Funding Agency or any successor organizations.This strategy covers two key areas of Subcontracting:
- Provision subcontracting where there is the delivery of full programmes or frameworks by the Subcontractor
- Service subcontracting where the delivery of a service as part of the delivery of a programme such as procuring the delivery of part of an Apprenticeship. Within both of these cases, Vision Express retains full accountability for programme delivery through its employer embedded programme.
In line with the Common Accord Vision Express will commit to the overarching principle to optimise the impact and effectiveness of service delivery to the end user by:
- Aligning our processes with the LSIS Supply Chain Management document.
- Undertaking fair and transparent procurement activities, conducting robust due diligence procedures
Upon commencement of the subcontracting process, Vision Express will consider a Business Case Proposal to ensure that the subcontracting will be in the best interests of all parties.We will ensure that:
- The proposed delivery is in the best interests of the learner
- The proposed delivery has a clear strategic fit with our mission, objectives and values
- There is sufficient expertise within Vision Express to quality assure the provision
- There is sufficient staff resource in support areas to administer the processes
- The Subcontractor is approved by our due-diligence process
- There is sufficient funding available within our funding contract
- The Subcontractor agrees to work within the terms of our contract
Improving the Quality of Learning
Subcontracted partners will be expected to meet Vision Express’s quality assurance standards with the company being committed to supporting, developing and sharing good practice and professional development of staff through quality reviews, operational meetings, observations of teaching and learning and learner feedback.Subcontracted activity is a fundamental part of Vision Express’s provision. The quality of the provision will be monitored and managed through our existing quality improvement process with the company’s Self Assessment Report / Quality Improvement Plan process ensuring continuous improvement in all parts of the learner journey.
Vision Express does not operate any form of management fees from the the subcontracted partner organisations.
The Policy will be discussed with all current and future Subcontractors during contract negotiation meetings and reviewed at least annually. Any changes will be notified to subcontractors as part of their regular performance review or via separate correspondence.Below are the supply chain fees:
|Academic Year||Name of subcontractor||Fees paid to subcontractor|
|2014/15||Tribal Education Limited||£10,995.30|
|2015/16||Tribal Education Limited||£10,500.00|
|2016/17||Tribal Education Limited||£10,500.00|
|2017/18||Runway Apprenticeship Limited||£15,125.00|