Learning and development
Learning at Vision Express is interesting, interactive and informative. It’s also a lot of fun.
The apprenticeship programme will give you an introduction to the fascinating world of optics, with a company that believes everyone deserves to enjoy great vision for a lifetime.
The programme is managed and delivered by our own training experts, and not by a third-party provider. Focusing very much on quality learning, we’re continually looking to build on an OFSTED rating which is already ‘good’.
We use a number of innovative methods to ensure you have the right mix of skills, knowledge and experience to prepare you for your future career – from classroom sessions and e-learning to on-the-job training.
You’ll find that every aspect of the apprenticeship programme works for you, with a big focus on your individual needs.
You can look forward to:
- Fantastic career opportunities
- All the support you need to succeed
- Training to bring out the best in you
- Competitive salary, above the apprenticeship National Minimum Wage
- The chance to gain valuable qualifications
- 33 days’ holiday, including bank holidays
To join us, you must be:
- At least 16 years of age
- Able to work in the UK
- Not in full or part-time education
- Able to do a 37 – 38.75 hour, five-day week
- Willing to work weekends and bank holidays
The end of the programme will mark the beginning of your career with us, as you take up a permanent role in one of our stores. From there on, there’ll be lots of options open to you. You may want to become a store manager or, like some of our apprentices, go on to become a registered optical professional. Whatever your ambitions we’ll give you all the encouragement you need.