You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Retail Optical Assistant
Abingdon - Tesco
Hours per week:
Although the hours of this role are advertised, if this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear about your ideal working week. Whether this is hours to fit around the school run or you prefer a compressed week - we are open to discussing flexible options with you further.
Who are we?
Did you know, we are also part of the EssilorLuxottica family? EssilorLuxottica is the global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of lenses, frames and sunglasses! We are home to the most loved and widely-recognised vision care and eyewear brands in the world. Their priority eyewear brands include Ray-Ban, Oakley, Costa, Vogue Eyewear, Persol and Oliver Peoples, complemented by over 20 prestigious licensed brands.
Who is the perfect candidate?
- Provide excellent customer service, with the ability to provide personalised assistance to customer and address their needs and concerns
- Great communication and rapport building to translate professional terminology into language understandable to patients
- Exceptional attention to detail in maintaining accurate customer records, prescriptions, and requirements to provide them with the best service and product recommendations
- Ability to work as part of a team, with colleagues across the whole store
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations in a fast-paced retail environment
- Confidence, passion, drive and enthusiasm
- Knowledge and understanding of our optical products and services, including frames, lenses, and contact lenses, and the ability to inform customers about them and promote our products and services to help towards your store targets
- Arrange and maintain the stores look and feel, keeping it organised and stocked, to provide a visually appealing environment for our customers, in line with the store marketing guidance.
Anything else you should know?
- Sales and performance-based bonus
- Targeted incentives
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance - 2 x your basic annual salary
- Private medical cover for you and your family
- Free eyewear annually with eligibility from day one of joining us!
- Opportunities to get involved in the OneSight EssilorLuxottica Foundation
- Discounts throughout the year for your friends and family
- Employee Assistance Program offering confidential support and advice on everything from financial support and everything in-between
- 33 days annual leave - increasing with your length of service, plus the opportunity to buy or sell holiday
- Flexible health related benefits, such as Health Cash Plan, Additional Life cover, Critical Illness cover and Dental Plan
- Opportunities to join a company wide community with peer-to-peer knowledge sharing and collaborating through our internal channels
- Flexible lifestyle benefits, such as Gymflex, Dining Cards, discounted Travel Insurance, Experience Days and even discounted bicycles through our Cycle to Work Scheme
- And so much more!